The healthcare sector is projected to experience significant changes over the coming years due to large investments made by the government and private sector in technologically advanced products. The development of new technologies and commercialization of equipments and pharmaceuticals are anticipated to increase public access, reduce cost, and improve patient care. High demand is observed in the medical imaging sector as the need for non-invasive surgery is expected to increase tremendously over the coming years. The market growth is also influenced by stringent safety regulations implemented in drug and treatment approvals.
Some of the trends observed in the healthcare sector are:
- Rising number of diseases coupled with growing geriatric population
- Increasing per capita spending on healthcare
- Large investments in improving healthcare infrastructure across the world
- Rapid research & development activities undertaken for improvement of medical devices/equipment and drug development
- Availability of a large number of affordable healthcare policies and financing/insurance option